Monday, April 21, 2014

Chapter 3 and 4: Point of view piece

In Johnny's point of view:

Ponyboy came out of the house and he told me that we were going to run away. I didn't question him as I knew he would probably change his mind anyway. We went running for a couple of blocks until we were out of breath. But then Ponyboy tells me that we should walk to the park and then back so that he can cool off enough to then go back home. So we walk to the park. Of course there is no one here at 2:30 AM so it is a good place to relax. I snap up my jeans and flip up my collar because it is so cold. 


I then suddenly got shocked and swear under my breath because I got frightened from the sudden blast of a car horn. I look over and notice that it is the Socs blue Mustang.



 I start to really panic inside thinking back to what they did to me. I don't want that to happen again. Ponyboy asks me what they want and why they are here and I tell him that it’s probably because we picked up THEIR girls. I started to mentally prepare myself for what would happen. It wasn’t looking very good. Five Socs are walking straight toward us and I'm petrified. I then remember I have my switchblade with me. I slowly place my hand on my back pocket and feel that its in there. Ponyboy and I start to back away towards the fountain and the Socs start surrounding us. One of the Socs starts to threaten us and I'm just shocked but I stay quiet. Ponyboy talks back and spit at them. I knew that was a bad move. Bob, one of the Socs grabs onto Ponyboy and shoves him into the fountain.  


                                                                            Bob
I was scared for Ponyboy, he could die. Without thinking I grab my switchblade, run up to Bob and stick the blade in him. 
Bob falls down and Ponyboy coughs up water and gasps for air. I sit down next to Ponyboy and stare ahead of me thinking about what I just did. Ponyboy looks at me and I say “I killed him, I killed that boy”. I'm probably just as shocked as Ponyboy is, hearing me say that. Ponyboy is suddenly very scared and freaks out when he realised what might happen.  I tell him everything will be ok. We decide to leave the crime scene before the police arrive. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment