Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Outsiders Podcast Interview

Along with two friends we have made a podcast interview about the Outsiders. We wrote a script and then 2 of us were a character from the book and the other person was the interviewer. We edited everything ourselves. 
Enjoy the Podcast!

This is our script:

Podcast interview script

Introduction:
Bella: And welcome back to Jam FM, I’m Bella and that was Grease Lightning. To my right I have two very special guests Ponyboy Curtis and Cherry Valance from the book ‘The Outsiders’. Hi there Ponyboy how are you doing today? I’m going to ask you a few questions if that's alright with you?

Ponyboy’s questions:
1.     How did you feel after writing your English essay ‘The Outsiders’?
Ana: I felt very accomplished knowing that I had written a whole book in just one night. I wanted people to know what it was like to live as a Greaser and what we went through.
2.                 What gave you inspiration to write the story?
Ana: I think the inspiration came solely from everything that had happened to us in the past. The live of a Greaser sure is an adventurous one.
3.                 How are you doing after what happened to Johnny?
Ana: I took it really roughly at the time but in a way I sort of expected that to happen. I was just trying to convince myself he was still here.
4.                 Do you miss Dallas in any way?
Ana: Of course I do. He was and still is one of us. We stick up for each other and we are a family. Dallas sure is missed.
5.                 What was going through your head when you saw Bob lying dead next to you?
Ana: Well to be honest I was just really happy that I was still alive. Then when I realised that Johnny had killed Bob I started freaking out, thinking about us getting caught. I thought about us going to jail.
6.                 What made you decide on going into that burning church to save those kids?
Ana: Hearing the sounds of those kids made me realize that I had to be brave and help them. I also knew I was gonna get caught for the killing of Bob so I thought I might as well do something good that could reduce my time in jail.
7.                 How where you doing in the hospital?
Ana: I was really nervous about the news I would get from the doctors about Johnny state. I knew Dallas would be ok because he is tough and he didn't sustain serious injuries. It was Johnny I was really worried about.
8.                 How did you feel when you feel when finally seeing your brothers after the whole situation?
Ana: I was happy that I could see them again, and I was relieved that they were ok.
9.                 Were you excited to be in that rumble? What did you think about it?
Ana: Well I couldn't really say I was excited, I was more just happy I could mean something for the group, to help them fight of those Socs.
10.             When you woke up from being knocked out in the rumble, what was going through your mind?
Ana: At first I was really confused because I forgot what happened and then Darry told me that I was kicked on the head too much causing me to faint. Then after I realised that we had won the fight, so I was really happy along with the rest of the group.

Bella: well thank you Ponyboy. Now moving on to Cherry, How are you today?

Cherry: Good thank you.

Cherry’s questions:
1.     How do you feel after reading Ponyboy's story?
Meg: It made me feel sad because after I read the story from the past it made me remember my boyfriend Bob.
2.                 How do you think Ponyboy feels after going through what happened?
Meg: In my opinion I think Ponyboy was going through a hard time and still is. I can see how Ponyboy is really upset about losing his best friend and all.
3.                 What was it like meeting Ponyboy for the very first time?
Meg: It was all good, he was very nice to me and he is different to other boys i have meat in my life.   
4.                 What was going through your mind when you saw ‘The blue Mustang’ while walking with the greasers as they took you home?
Meg: I was feeling really sacred because i thought they were going to attack Ponyboy, Johnny and Dally. As they took me home i was wondering about Johnny and the others if they were ok.
5.                 How did you feel when you heard that Bob was dead?
Meg: I am very upset that Bob is dead and he was my boyfriend.
6.                 Did you instantly blame Johnny and Ponyboy for his death?
Meg: No because Bob has been drunk and that the boys had been looking for a fight when they took me home, but Johnny shouldn't of killed Bob. He could of just stabbed him in the leg or arm instead of his heart.
7.                 When you saw Ponyboy and Johnny in the newspaper and how they saved those kids, what where your thoughts?
Meg: I was happy for them because they saved those kids in the church from the fair. It was good because it helped them from getting in a lot of trouble.   
8.                 How did you feel about the rumble and how Randy decided not to be involved?
Meg: I didn't really mind it because i don't like fights and i don't want anybody to get hurt. So I thought it was ok that Randy did not want to fight, I think he was kind of sick and tired of fighting all the time. i thought it was a smart idea.
9.                 Seeing Ponyboy before the rumble, what did you want to say to him?
Meg: Seeing Ponyboy before the rumble made me feel nervous and scared because i didn't want them to fight anymore. I said to Ponyboy “you know Randy’s not going to show up at the rumble, he’s not scared, he’s just sick of fighting”.
10.             What is your intake of the whole situation?
Meg: I think that the Socs and the Greasers were childish because they are fighting over nothing. Why can't everyone just be friends and stop fighting??

Ending:
Bella: Well that’s all for today, thank you very much Cherry. It was a pleasure having you both here today and i hope to see you again. Next up we have The Beatles new breaking single ‘Get Back’, I’m Bella and you're listening to Jam FM.









This is our podcast interview. ENJOY!!




No comments:

Post a Comment